We all know the holidays are coming up. Bring it on. The pumpkin pie, the sweet potatoes, the turkey, the pounds and pounds of gravy….but then…
the brussels sprouts.
….those disgusting little devilish balls that my mom would stuff in my mouth, thinking that for some reason shoving them down my throat will magically turn me into a healthy child.
I used to hate them, no…more than hate. despise. However, after some research and experimentation in the
laboratory kitchen, I think I have finally developed a recipe that allows me to enjoy these little suckers. I put shrimp in this time for some protein, however feel free to omit them and add any other veggie your heart so desires!!
(I made it for just me. ^^ A big bowl of brussels sprouts makes me a very happy person. I know im crazy.)
1 1/2 cup brussels sprouts (quartered)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup onions
1/2 cup shrimp
1/4 cup water
Spices: (Really, add what you like. This is just what I used.)
1 tbsp garlic (to taste)
1 tsp tarragon
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp garlic salt
Pepper to taste
Sprinkle of cayenne
1. Cut off the ends of the brussels sprouts, quarter them.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan, add some garlic, poultry seasoning, and shrimp. Cook until shrimp are almost done.
3. Add the brussels sprouts and onions. Cook until onions are translucent.
4. Add 1/4 cup of water, spices. Cook until the brussels sprouts are soft.
5. Add the lemon juice.
6. Serve as a side (or if your like me) in a big bowl as dinner! Welcome to the wonderful world of brussels sprouts!