I’m not vegetarian, but I do love tofu. (and what’s a girl to do if there is a block of tofu sitting in the refrigerator screaming, “Use me! Use me!”) So I did.
Although, I did add an egg. (which does defeat the purpose of a tofu scramble) But I really really wanted to have a nice, delicious yellow yolk ooze over the salsa and beans…mmm…Therefore, it is a different way to incorporate the little pot of gold rather than just mixing it around until its hard and rubbery.
This recipe is not pretty (there is a reason for the lack of pictures) But it is still delicious, spicy, warm… fluffy. Its filled with protein too, therefore I don’t foresee myself getting intolerably hungry within the next couple hours. 🙂
Ingredients: (For 1)
1 half block of tofu. (I had to use silken, so it turned mushy. I advise you not to use silken.)
1/2 cup black beans
1/4-1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
1 cup of leafy greens (I used kale. Spinach would work too)
1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 clove garlic
Recommended: Onion or green onion.
1 Egg (Omit if you don’t eat eggs.)
1. Break up tofu into a nonstick skillet. Add nutritional yeast and garlic.
2. Add in black beans, salsa, and onion. Stir. (Not pictured due to lack of ascetic appeal.)
3. Add in your leafy greens. Stir around until the greens wilt.
You can stop here, and let it simmer until it is the consistency you like, OR you can continue. ^^
4. Break an egg in the center. Be sure not to break the yolk. (You can create a dent in the center too.)
5. Cover with a lid and cook until the whites are cooked.
6. Serve on a plate, mix around and enjoy!!!~ (I know its not pretty, but hey it tastes good. ^^)